Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mo Money Mo Problems!

So the above statement doesn't apply to me since I don't have any money. Lately I have been having some issues with NOT spending the small amount I have. Johnny has a little nest egg in the bank (a savings account) and when I miss work and my paychecks suck, he helps out with the money from savings. I don't know what it is that makes me want to spend every penny I get my hands on. Last week I got paid on Friday, I hate $1000. I spent $261 on my car registration renewal (CA sucks), $100 on car insurance, $70 at Costco, $25 at Home Depot, $25 on shoes and $90 on cigarettes (yay for cheap cartons.. I swear they save you money). Now all of a sudden I have $230 in my account. Is that possible?!?! I am so bad with money and I am HORRIBLE at saving it. I hope that my lack of experience being a "good money handler" doesn't effect my relationship with Johnny. I heard that money is the #1 or #2 reason people get divorced. I'm cool with living cheap and shopping at the 99 cent store... but when I have the cash, I go crazy swiping my card every which way!

I need a good book, or a class, to teach me how to save. I know this should be common knowledge for a person my age who has been on their own for so long... but I can't figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment